Year 4 will be going swimming every Tuesday morning this term, until Easter, starting next week (14th Jan).
Children need to bring with them every week:
- swimming trunks or shorts (not below the knee) for boys
- one-piece swimming costume (no bikinis/tankinis) for girls
- swimming hat (all girls must have a swimming hat, boys it is optional)
- goggles are optional but are useful
- if children wear their costumes under their uniforms, they must remember to pack underwear to change into afterwards! Every year at least one child forgets!
Please ensure EVERY item of swimming kit, uniform (and PE kit) is clearly labelled to make it easier to return lost and forgotten items. If you label in pen, please check regularly as they can easily rub/wash off.
The classes will be going in the following order:
~ 4H leaving at 9:00am, returning at around 10:20am
~ 4B leaving at 9:30am, returning at around 10:50am
~ 4S leaving at 10:00am, returning at around 11:20am
Swimming hats can be purchased from the school office for the bargain price of £1! Addington Leisure Centre do sell swimming hats and goggles, but these can be quite pricey ~ check places like Asda and Sports Direct for cheaper alternatives.